Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Letter from Scarborough: " I was all teary-eyed listening"

Aug. 28/2010


Dear Friends of Classical 96 FM,

As winner of the Brott Festival prize [tickets to a performance of Beethoven's Ninth, dinner and a hotel stay], I’m delighted to say that I had a FABULOUS weekend, my daughter Catherine and I. Everything was superb!

Our stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, lovely staff and room, dinner at the Pepperwood Bistro in Burlington. I’m still revelling in the taste of the lovely Roast Beef dinner – the ambiance, friendly, delightful.

Sara Chazin, violin

Best of all, the National Academy Orchestra, conductor Boris Brott, one of my favourite Maestros was superb. The choir, Leslie Fagan, Lauren Segal as usual, were wonderful. Two Flautists Gloria Huh and Jennifer Brimson were delightful and Sara Chazin, violinist!!!! SARA CHAZIN – excellent playing! I was all teary-eyed listening to her play.

Of course I did some shopping and got a real bargain on 2010 Soccer Shirts. I strolled around the main streets of Hamilton and wished I had more time to re-visit Mohawk College. Such a beautiful setting up the Mountain – it reminded me of my drive up to Niko, Japan.

Thanks to you all at Classical 96 FM you give me PLEASURE every day. I’ve been a listener from the first of the wonderful station.

Bill Anderson, Alexa, Kerry Stratton, Jean Stillwell, Marilyn Lightstone -- good health to you all and thanks again in helping me stay so happy to be alive and enjoying life.

Sincerely,

Collis Kelly

Scarborough, ON